Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My top 5 movies I saw this summer

I love going to the movies I normally make a trip at least twice a month. Sadly I haven't been since like the middle of July. I really need to go see something sometime soon!!!  Here are my five favorite movies of this past summer:

1. Prince of Persia - I really liked this movies, from the previews i was afraid it was basically going to be like Pirates of the Caribbean but not on the Ocean. Really there were only about two things that bothered me. One when they'd cram to peoples faces on the screen unnecessarily. The other is that The two main characters are stuck out in the desert for varying amounts of time ( at one point they had said they had been in the desert for a week) and Jake Gyllenhal's character who already was kind of dirty greasy looking would look nasty and dirty but the girl ( i dk the actresses' name) hair stayed nice and clean and her make up would keep on changing. I also really liked the soundtrack for this move, overall a very good film. I ordered it on DVD I should be getting it soon!!!!







2. Inception - A completely awesome movie, a little too long but really good. The acting was phenomenal and all the visual stuff was amazing I really want to see it in IMAX now. I was told that you shouldn't go to the bathroom during the movie or you won't be able to understand it all. That wasn't true but maybe i just left during a unimportant scene. The only real problem I had with this one was that they screamed a lot and I wasn't able to tell what they were saying, also with all the screaming sometimes they would turn the music and sound effects up really loud and it was really hard to tell what they were saying. I kind of wish i could see it again a second time to catch all the stuff I missed the first time because I was concentrating to hard on trying to follow the story.












3.Killers - This wasn't my favorite movie of 2010 but it wasn't my least favorite. I liked Katherine Heigl's and Ashton Kutchers chemistry together. It had a nice twist at the end on who was behind all the people trying to kill him. It was pretty funny at some points but someone somewhere decided they had to add some kind of drama aspect too it ( i won't spoil what happens) which was completely unnecessary. And I also thought when they were killing people it would just be like shooting people in stuff , but they were kind of creative with the way people were killed and some of it was kind of graphic.












4. Charlie St.cloud - I was kind of hesitant to see this because it involved Zac Efron crying which is something that I don't believe he's very good at. I actually really enjoyed it, there was a good mix of drama, comedy, and the supernatural. The Only real problem that i had with it, and a lot of reviews agree with is that they spend a lot of unnecessary time talking about boats and parts of boats etc... that would be interesting to me if I had a real interest in boats but i don't. Also I think the best performance was by Charlie Tahan who plays Sam St.Cloud, Charlie's little brother. I also really liked the relationship between Charlie and Zac, and Zac and Amanda Crews who played his love interest.












5. Despicable Me- I will admit i saw it twice, and for awhile i was singing Agnes' unicorn song everywhere i went and quoting "It's so big and fluffy." whenever it seemed appropriate. I loved Gru and Vector, The girls, and the Minions. The Minions are so cute unfortunately i didn't have the Minion translator for the credits so i had no idea what they were saying in the end. I was recently at Barnes&Noble i think and saw that they had the book 3 Sleepy Kittens for sale but i didn't buy it, maybe for christmas i will.












What were the best summer movies for you guys? post your answers in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment