Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Worst Fashion Trends of the 2000's

Since were almost done with a decade I have actually been looking back and have i've thought about how ridiculous some of the fashion trends over the past ten years have been. I guess i should say that i'm probably not the most fashionable person ( i used to like crocs) but everyone had their own sense of style i guess. So here are some of the fashion trends that now looking back I think to myself how could this ever be cool:

1. Ponchos- Ok i'll admit when i was a litlle kid i actually owned a couple of ponchos,and wore them quite a bit but know i'm not sure how they were popular!

2.Leggings as Pants- I hate leggings as pants and they were the huge thing at my school a couple of years ago, I actually think it's fine if your wearing a long top or something. But the majority of people i saw following this trend would wear short tops, and i always thought it was weird, and stupid.

3.American Apparel - Ok to tell the truth this isn't a trend but i do have a rant about it. I have only been in an American Apparel once and i didn't get the point. All it is, is a lot of really basic clothing in a variety of colors. Why would i pay $25 dollars for a tank top that I could pay $12 for gap or old navy.

4.Pants with words on the butt- This was originally going to be juicy tracksuits, but then i realized that other things had words on the butt, and i used to owe some pairs of pants with words on them, but i wore them around the house, Not out in public, and they said things like Soccer or Circus, not Sexy or Hottie, if you want to draw attention to yourself do it in some other way.

5.Uggs with Shorts - Like i said in the beginning I love uggs even though they are pretty ugly, they keep my feet warm, But only in winter! And with pants. I'm not sure why uggs with shorts look bad to me probably because their mixing the seasons but they don't look good.

6. Dogs in Purses- Ok I know this is another not technically a fashion trend. Even though the only people I have seen do it is celebrities and some girls I saw one time in New York City. You have to feel really bad for the dogs.

7.Gauchos - This is another thing i owned and I thought were incredibly comfortable, and actually I am not against the like stretchy cloth ones but the ones that were made out of denim or other stiff cloth i don't get, because i feel like gauchos are to allow you to move more freely.

8. Crop tops/Tube Tops- I've actually started noticing this because my sister has been watching reruns of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and the majority of the characters are wearing either tube tops, or Crop tops, also they seem to appear in Lizzie McGuire, and all the Mary Kate and Ashley Movies. I especially don't like the brightly patterned/ Colored ones.

9. Shutter Shades- The main reason i don't get ray bans is how are they "sunglasses" when there are breaks in them with, and they aren't made out of see through material And now i don't get them because their part of the Hipster look which i don't get either.

10.Skirts and Jeans- Ok the only person who can rock this look is Juno, because she has the right idea. If your going to wear skirts with jeans then it has to be like a mini-skirt, not something knee length, and it has to be the right style of skirt which means not frilly princess style.

What trends from this decade are you surprised were ever popular? comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment